|Mike Lee vs Emmitt Woods - Mike Lee Boxing Press Conference and Photos
By Media Report on Doghouse Boxing (May 28, 2010) Photos © Top Rank
Carl Moretti, Vice President/Top Rank:
* “This is a marathon, not a sprint”
* “What none of us in this room saw was the work Mike put into his pro debut”
* “It begins Saturday night. One fight, one round, one opponent.”
* “I hope people give Mike the benefit of the doubt. With the effort he put forward just to get to his pro debut...all the elements are there to make a great pro fighter”
* “It seems like yesterday I was back here in February signing with Top Rank. It's great to be back here now. It's my home town.”
* “I knew this was my moment. This is a really important step for me.”
* Saturday night the nerves are going to be flying, but I'm more excited than anything.”
* “I believe I have found the best team in boxing. It's too hot to be down there [in Houston ] and not be with the best team in boxing. They've really become my family down there in Houston , and it's starting to become my home as I start my career there.”
* “I want to thank Bryan Caldwell and Top Rank.”
* “It's going to be a great fight not only for me, but for the other fighters as well. I'm really excited. I hope everybody watches.”
Ronnie Shields/Trainer, Mike Lee:
* “We're very excited to be here, especially because it's Mike's home town.”
* “He wants to show everyone what we've been doing in the gym. It's been four months now, and its going great. In the gym, he's such a pleasure to work with. He'll try everything. He is willing to learn- one of the most important things for a fighter to have, and he's got it.”
* “Mike has surrounded himself with a great team, and you cannot succeed without a great team. You have to start at the top, his mom and dad. Mike really loves his family, and they've really stuck with him in everything that he's always done. It's a pleasure for me to be a part of them because they're really good people. We take good care of him.”
* “Mike is with probably one of the best, if not the best promoter in boxing today. Top Rank built a solid company. I think that Mike is very fortunate to be with Top Rank.”
* “We are very excited about being in Chicago for Mike's first fight. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised. I'm not just saying that Mike has worked very hard. Expect big things in the near future.
Mike Lee will face Emmitt Woods in a scheduled four rounder in one of the feature bout at TOP RANK LIVE on Saturday night, May 22nd at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago .
The main event at TOP RANK LIVE will feature an outstanding ten round welterweight showdown between Mexican veterans Jesus “Renuente” Soto-Karass and Gabriel “EL Rey” Martinez .
The undercard will feature Chicago ’s Ivan Popoca, Antonio Avila and Polish heavyweight prospect Krzystof Zimnoch.
Advance tickets for TOP RANK LIVE, presented by Top Rank Incorporated and Chicago’s 8 Count Productions, priced at $101, $51 and $31 are now on sale through Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com), the UIC Pavilion Box Office (312-413-5740) and the 8 Count Productions’ Office (312-226-5800).
Doors on the evening of the event will open at 7pm with the first bell at 7:30pm. The UIC Pavilion is located at 525 S. Racine , just one block south of the Eisenhower Expressway. For further information, please visit their website at www.uicpavilion.com. The UIC Pavilion is now serving alcohol at all boxing events.
Further information on Mike Lee can be viewed at his website www.mikeleeboxing.com
ABOUT TOP RANK INCORPORATED
Las Vegas-based Top Rank stands as the country's premiere boxing promotions company for one reason: We take care of our fighters and our fans. For nearly half a century, Top Rank has nurtured some of the sport's all-time greats and produced some of its most exciting bouts. It's a practice we continue to this day, as Top Rank further expands its brand while introducing the sport of boxing to a new generation of fans.
For more information on Top Rank Incorporated, please visit their newly designed website at www.toprank.com
ABOUT 8 COUNT PRODUCTIONS
8 Count Productions, HOME OF THE BEST IN CHICAGO BOXING, was started by Dominic Pesoli in 1998 and has consistently presented the highest quality professional boxing events in Chicagoland. In 2003, Pesoli along with former featherweight contender Mike Garcia, opened JABB Boxing Gym, a 6,000 square foot venue dedicated to the finest Chicagoland boxers of all talent levels.
For more information on 8 Count Productions and JABB Boxing Gym, please visit www.8countproductions.com and www.jabbboxing.com .
NEW: Follow DoghouseBoxing on FaceBook!
For much more, including videos, visit our homepage.
Or for FREE Chat with Boxing Fans, visit our Forums.
© Copyright / All Rights reserved: Doghouse Boxing Inc. 1998-2010